Why We Love It
Unique in its tropical brilliance, this unique women’s silk kimono is replete with forest flowers and colorful birds. The design and colour palette is reminiscent of the floral motifs of the southern Okinawan islands, known as bingata. Unusually, this kimono is created by the melding of several panels of the same captivating design.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand painted floral design.
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-80s)
- Condition: AAA – Near perfect condition.
- Code: 10713NY
- Size: Length 60” (153cm), width 54½” (138cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25½” (65cm), sleeve height 21” (53cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).