Why We Love It
The stylised leaves and petals are hand-dyed onto the silk fabric, while some details are completed by hand-painting. The silk itself is woven in a classic design with glimmering whirls of light like the falling of raindrops.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with floral design, and silk lining
- Period: Early Heisei (1990s)
- Condition: A – Very good condition. Black mark on lower back left side (see photo).
- Code: 10126PK
- Size: Length 64½” (165cm), width 56½” (145cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 27” (69cm), sleeve height 21” (53cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).
Being tall, vintage kimono are few and far between for me... This one is exactly right. Fabric is gorgeous, the condition is precisely as described and the shipping was so fast!!! I could not be more pleased. If they find more kimono for giants, I will buy again, definitely. :)