Why We Love Them
Zori slippers are a traditional type of Japanese sandal, and an enduring handicraft often seen in the Japanese countryside. They make a great alternative to wooden sandals, and can be worn with any traditional Japanese clothing, or perfect as flip-flop for your fashion wardrobe.
Merikoti, located in Ryogoku, Tokyo have taken this traditional sandal style and developed a range of innovative, chic designs. Each zori slipper is made entirely by hand with immaculate precision and attention to detail.
This zori slipper features a luxurious hanao strap. The elegant hanao pattern is a classic Japanese motif known as shu brocade and can be traced back to the Shu Kingdom of 3rd century China.
The intricately hand-woven sole is made with a thoughtful cotton blend combining the soft comfort of natural cotton with the strength and flexibility of polyester to cushion and protect the foot.
The strap is also easily adjustable by tying the desired length underneath, allowing you to achieve the fit that's best for you.
Zori slippers are easy to take care of, just give them a spin in the washing machine. The anti-odor and anti-bacterial fabric also means a single pair of zori can be used for many years.
- Zori Japanese Slippers, hand made in Japan
- 50% Cotton 50% Polyester - a special polyblend that is cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Available in Medium and Large (see size chart below).
- Product codes: 2417WHM (Medium) or 2417WHL (Large)
- For best results handwash. If using washing machine, use laundry net.