Why We Love It
This extra soft samue pajama set is hand-woven in the finest cotton gauze that ensures you have the optimal comfort for a restful night’s sleep. Samue are loose-fitting traditional Japanese clothing consisting of a kimono-style top and matching pants. As the samue is completely adjustable, it makes excellent sleepwear with plenty of room for movement.
The high-quality cotton gauze is treated using the laborious wazarashi, the Japanese bleaching technique that takes over 30 hours to slowly hand-treat and dye the cotton to protect the textile’s delicate softness. It also preserves the natural breathability and water absorption of the soft natural fibers, increasing the samue’s heat retention and permeability.
The shima (lined) pattern is created with individually dyed high quality cotton kimono fabric handwoven into the cotton gauze at irregular intervals to produce a unique wabi-sabi design.
Due to the unique treatment of the fabric, you can easily wash this two-piece pajama, and it will become softer with each wear.
- Samue jacket and pants set, made in Japan.
- 100% Cotton.
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
- Naturally occuring color and texture variations in the cotton fabric.
- Jacket pocket.
- Adjustable waist tie.
- Wash at low temperatures with similar colors. Do not tumble dry.
- Product code: 19595GYS for Small, 19595GYM for Medium, 19595GYL for Large
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
I have just received this garment from Japan Objects with their usual courteous service and efficiency. The pajama set is exactly as advertised, only so much more beautiful. The size was absolutely perfect. I chose S. I am 5' 2". I love it.