Why We Love it
Balance your body with serenity and wellness with this one-of-a-kind Ojami Zabuton Cushion from Kyoto’s finest zabuton maker, Takaokaya, founded in 1919.
Inspired by the ancient Japanese beanbag toy, named ojami in Kyoto dialect, this ergonomic zabuton cushion is a treasure of centuries-old Japanese craftsmanship and tradition.
Employing expertise passed down through the generations, each Ojami Zabuton Cushion is handcrafted by master artisans to ensure every step contributes to impeccable comfort and firmness.
The handmade premium padding is carefully layered to offer the benefits of ergonomic seating with posture support and correction. No two cushions are ever alike thanks to the multi-step process of textile dyeing that creates subtle differences along the fabric grain.
This unique geometric design features the classic Seigaiha pattern created by overlapping circles, to represent the seas that surround the Japanese islands.
It is an iconic Japanese symbol for good luck and peaceful living.
How to Use Your Ojami Zabuton Cushion
- Ergonomic cushion The elegant Ojami cushions complement any chair or sofa. Unlike normal cushions, they offer ergonomic benefits for your back, helping you stay relaxed longer and effectively support your posture.
- Floor seating Our Ojami cushion is perfect for sitting on the floor to raise the hips, and reduce pressure on the ankles and knees, preventing muscle and joint aches, and easing blood circulation.
- Neck Support When the Ojami is used as a neck pillow, it aligns the head, neck, and shoulders correctly while maintaining the natural curvature of the spine and allowing muscles and ligaments to relax.
- Meditation: The Ojami is specifically designed as an zafu meditiation cushion. Its distinctive thickness and firm rounded top provides comfort for your bottom against hard floors. It also helps properly align your spine so energy flows easily through your body.
- Yoga: Use these thickly padded Ojami cushion to protect your knees or elbows, or take all the stress out of lotus and cross-legged positions, helping to alleviate lower back strain.
- Cotton Zabuton Cushion
- Handmade in Japan
- 100% cotton exterior; padding 70% cotton, 30% polyester
- Product code: 50011BL
- Size: 16” x 16” x 6” (40cm x 40cm x 10cm)
- Free Shipping available in North America and Europe!
I am very happy with my Ojami cushion from Japan Objects Store. Firm, beautiful, comfortable! I have never owned a pillow like this. Does great job of giving comfortable support. Japan Objects customer service outstanding!! I had two question prior to ordering which I emailed to them and got immediate response.
As expected, following the purchase of my other Zabuton cushions, this Ojami cushion is perfect in every way and lovely.to look at.
The customer service from Japan Obects is excellent.
This was a gift. I shipped it directly to the recipient. When I spoke to her, she was delighted about the cushion. Her only regret was having to protect it from the cat who loves to exercise his claws on just about anything. She loves Japanese culture, gifts and art. This was the perfect gift and your customer service is fantastic! Thank you.