Why We Love It
This is an excellent tenugui artwork to celebrate the arrival of the New Year. The Japanese kanji characters 謹賀新年 literally mean Happy New Year! A perfect gift to express good health and prosperity!
What to Do with Your Tenugui
Tenugui is an absorbent, fast-drying multipurpose 100% cotton cloth, which makes it an artisanal and eco-friendly design that you can use it everyday.
These thoughtful and lightweight fabrics are stenciled by hand, and feature classic Japanese woodblock print masterpieces that are ideal for framing, or hanging on a wall with our Japanese Cypress Tenugui Tapestry Hanger!
There are no limits to the ways you can incorporate tenugui into your daily routine. They take up little space when folded, so take a few on your next vacation, or use them on a hot summer day as hand towels, wash cloths, and to wipe away sweat. Keep them in your kitchen as a table runner or tea towel, or even for drying dishes. Fashionistas will enjoy using tenugui to accent an outfit as a headscarf or a scarf. Tenugui are also a unique and sustainable way to protect book covers and to wrap gifts.
With a history of over 1,000 years, tenugui have kept their place in Japanese culture because of their simplicity and usefulness. However you choose to use it, your tenugui will be a tasteful and green addition to your everyday life.
- 100% Cotton Japanese tenugui
- Handmade in Japan
- Size 36” x 14” (92 x 35cm)
- Product code: 38655RD
- Tenugui only, does not include tapestry hanger.
- Machine-washable, but do not mix with other colors. Do not tumble-dry.
- Please note, the ends of tenugui are traditionally left unhemmed. They will stop fraying after a few washes. If you wish to remove any loose threads, cut them off with scissors.