Why We Love It
The Kurume hanten is the highest quality traditional kimono-style padded jacket for contemporary living.
Kurume City in Kyushu specializes in Kurume Kasuri – cotton-weaving textiles originating in the 18th century. It is renowned for its intricate technique and premium quality of raw cotton.
This hanten jacket is carefully handmade stitch by stitch and filled with Kurume cotton padding, which will not slip. This thick natural padding not only retains heat well, but will also puff back up to its original volume with a little warmth from the sun. The lining is also cotton to ensure you will be both warm and comfortable.
The elegant patterns woven into the 100% cotton fabric highlight Kurume’s textile heritage, but the design is tailored to modern life. It is longer and more spacious than a traditional hanten jacket, and comes with two large pockets. Try a fashionable look with a turtle neck sweater and knee-high boots!
- Cotton Hanten Padded Jacket
- Handmade in Japan
- Size M/L: Chest Size 28-37” (72-94cm), length 34” (86cm)
- Three-quarter length sleeves
- 100% Cotton exterior and lining
- Thick cotton padding (70% cotton, 30% polyester)
- 2 Large pockets
- Long woven tie for easy fastening
- Product code: 18132NV
- Handwash in warm water with neutral detergent and rinse immediately. Do not tumble-dry.
- Free shipping worldwide!
Looks like like the images! I love this so much and can’t wait for winter. My husband even asked if they had others so he could get one. So cozy and beautifully made!