Why We Love It
This women’s haori jacket is handmade in Kurume, in the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. It showcases the highest quality of kimono-style long jacket for contemporary living.
The 100% miyakodori cotton-gauze textile, which is a specialty of the Kurume region, is handwoven with alternating tension in the weft and warp, creating a compelling and tactile fabric in the style of classic sashiko embroidery.
Handcrafted with expertise honed through the generations, this knee-length kimono jacket is not only exceptionally soft, but the breathable premium cotton makes it an ideal jacket for spring and fall, as well as cool summer nights.
- Haori kimono jacket, handmade in Japan
100% kurume cotton
- Two side pockets and one interior pocket
- Two front ties
- Product code: 16532BK
- One size available, suitable for S or M: Length 38” (96cm), width 44” (112cm), yuki (spine to end of sleeve) 30” (75cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
Expensive treat to myself but absolutely love the color, fit, and style
The design and quality of the garment I bought is excellent. I was thrilled to receive it and it was beautifully packaged and arrived quickly. I thoroughly recommend this company; the cloths are beautiful.
Outstanding quality and workmanship on jacket. Service and delivery equally commendable.