Why We Love It
The Kurume hanten is the highest quality traditional kimono-style padded jacket for contemporary living.
Kurume City in Kyushu specializes in Kurume Kasuri – cotton-weaving textiles originating in the 18th century. It is renowned for its intricate technique and premium quality of raw cotton. The warp and weft are individually adjusted to produce a unique, rustic texture, which today has become the hallmark of Kurume craftsmanship.
This men's hanten padded jacket is carefully hand-stitched and filled with non-slipping Kurume cotton padding. This thick natural padding not only retains heat well, but will also puff back up to its original volume with a little warmth from the sun. The lining is also cotton to ensure you will be both warm and comfortable.
The sophisticated pattern woven into the 100% cotton fabric highlights Kurume’s textile heritage, while the short-sleeve design is tailored to modern life. It is longer and more spacious than a traditional hanten jacket, and comes with two large pockets and an inner pocket.
- Cotton Hanten Padded Jacket
- Handmade in Japan
- Size M/L: Chest Size 27-35” (70-90cm), length 31” (80cm)
- Three-quarter length sleeves
- 100% Cotton exterior and lining
- Thick cotton padding (70% cotton, 30% polyester)
- 2 Large pockets, 1 interior pocket
- Long woven tie for easy fastening
- Product code: 18183BL
- Handwash in warm water with neutral detergent and rinse immediately. Do not tumble-dry.
- Free shipping worldwide!