Why We Love It
This women’s haori jacket is handmade in Kurume, in the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. It showcases the highest quality of kimono-style jacket for contemporary living.
The 100% kasumiame cotton textile, meaning mesh of mist, which is a specialty of the Kurume region, is created by alternating the tension in the warp and weft threads, to create a fine and supple pattern that ripples like the mist.
Handcrafted with expertise honed through the generations, this kimono jacket is not only exceptionally soft, but the breathable premium cotton makes it an ideal jacket for spring and fall, as well as cool summer nights.
- Haori kimono jacket, handmade in Japan
100% kurume cotton
- Two side pockets and two interior pockets
- Two front ties
- Product code: 16383BK
- One size available, suitable for S or M: Length 28” (70cm), width 44” (112cm), yuki (spine to end of sleeve) 30” (75cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
The Kasumi Black Haori Kimono Jacket is made from high quality materials and is very well made. Delivery was quick and my wife loves her birthday present!