Why We Love It
The Kurume hanten is the highest quality traditional kimono-style padded jacket for contemporary living.
Woven from the finest 100% cotton, the Reversible Hanten Padded Jacket features five distinctive traditional patterns, each meticulously handcrafted with lame silver thread for an added touch of opulence. The patterns include Chidori Goshi for strength and good luck, Tate Waku symbolizing increasing fortune, Kagome as a protective talisman, Higaki representing power and vitality, and Seigaiha, the symbol of eternal peace.
The inner cotton lining showcases a classic asanoha ("hemp leaf") design, allowing the hanten jacket to be reversed and worn with the same level of sophistication on both sides.
This men's hanten padded jacket is carefully hand-stitched and filled with non-slipping Kurume cotton padding. This thick natural padding not only retains heat well, but will also puff back up to its original volume with a little warmth from the sun. The lining is also cotton to ensure you will be both warm and comfortable.
The sophisticated pattern woven into the 100% cotton fabric highlights Kurume’s textile heritage, while the reversible design is tailored to modern life. It is longer and more spacious than a traditional hanten jacket, and comes with two large pockets and an inner pocket.
- Cotton Hanten Padded Jacket
- Handmade in Japan
- Size M/L: Chest Size 27-35” (70-90cm), length 31” (80cm)
- Three-quarter length sleeves
- 100% Cotton exterior and lining
- Thick cotton padding (70% cotton, 30% polyester)
- 2 Large pockets, 1 interior pocket
- Long woven tie for easy fastening
- Product code: 18190SV
- Handwash in warm water with neutral detergent and rinse immediately. Do not tumble-dry.
- Free shipping worldwide!