Why We Love It
This women’s yukata is handmade in Kurume, in the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. It showcases the highest quality of traditional Japanese clothing with a fresh and elegant design.
The 100% shijira cotton fabric, which is a specialty of the Kurume region, is distinguished by the intricate weaving technique that produces a unique rustic unevenness.
Shijira cotton is gentle on the skin and extremely comfortable to wear. It is also perfectly suited for the warmer months due its exceptional breathability.
You can easily wash and iron your yukata at home. Accessorize with an obi belt, or change it up with a simple sash or a waist belt.
- Japanese yukata, made in Japan.
- 100% Cotton
- Yukata only, does not include belt or sandals.
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
- Hand wash for best results. For machine washing use a laundry net. Do not tumble dry.
- Product code: 12166BL
- Size: length 64” (164cm), width 53” (135cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25" (64cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm).
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
My blue and black checked Yukata is made of wonderfully thick fabric—so that it is comfortable wearing it indoors in the winter with central heating. It retains its shape and falls beautifully.