Why We Love It
The hand-painted scene on this gorgeous cream-colored vintage Japanese kimono will capture your imagination. Like a blue-ink sumi-e painting, it pans over the deep forest and snow-covered mountains.
The kamon (crest) on the nape is known as tsuta-mon, and represents ivy. It is similar to the crest of the Tokugawa shoguns, aoi-mon, and so became (and remains) popular among the common people who were forbidden from using aoi-mon.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted landscape, and silk lining
- Period: Heisei (1980s-2000s)
- Condition: A – Excellent condition. Please see close-up photos for blemishes: slight discoloration and light water stains on the inside left, tiny mark on the front left
- Code: 10274WH
- Size: Length 62” (158cm), width 55” (140cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.