Why We Love It
The hand-painted scene on this gorgeous cream-colored vintage Japanese kimono will capture your imagination. Like a dream, it pans over the rolling hills and gold-tinged clouds.
The embroidered kamon (crest) on the nape is a bellflower. Flowers and plant motifs of this kind became popular during the Edo period for the common people who were not allowed to have their own family crest.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind.
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted landscape, and silk lining
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-1980s)
- Condition: A – Very good condition. Small marking on inside collar and back, and faint stain on one sleeve, see photos.
- Code: 10149WH
- Size: Length 62” (158cm), width 56” (144cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 26” (67cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).