Why We Love It
If you can’t retreat to your own country estate, you can instead enjoy the scene in this handpainted silk kimono. The design recreates the calm and simplicity of a Japanese stroll garden, with thatched gateways and stone lanterns known as toro. Created in the sumi-e style, with single brush strokes in ink on silk. This unique works of art is also signed by the artist.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand painted sumi-e design, and silk lining
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-80s)
- Condition: AAA – Near perfect condition.
- Code: 10808WH
- Size: Length 62” (157cm), width 56” (142cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 26” (66cm), sleeve height 19” (48cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).