Why We Love It
Fanning out across the soft silk of this classic black Japanese kimono are several iconic motifs, dating back to Edo period or before, including plum blossoms, maple leaves, kikko (tortoiseshell), and seigaiha (or wave). A visual history of Japanese design in one wearable work of art.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Komon
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with wave and fan design, and silk lining
- Period: Heisei (1990s-2000s)
- Condition: AAA – Near perfect condition
- Code: 10152BW
- Size: Length 52½” (159cm), width 53” (134cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25½” (65cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).