Why We Love It
The handpainted details of this purple silk kimono include some classic and auspicious Japanese motifs, such as taiko drums, fans, and embroidery thread. The traditional shibori hand-dyeing makes this an elegant example of Japanese kimono design.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with shibori hand-dyed design, and silk lining
- Period: Heisei (1990s-2000s)
- Condition: A – Very good condition. A couple of very small stains on the lining (see photos).
- Code: 10138PP
- Size: Length 60½” (155cm), width 53” (136cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 17½” (45cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).
I learned a lot in this interesting and well delivered video! Thank you!