Why We Love It
The plum blossom was the original symbol of Japan, beloved by Heian nobles of 1000 years ago. This means that a hand-painted plum blossom kimono like this is not just for spring but can be worn all year round to celebrate the beauty of Japanese fashion.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted plum blossom design, and silk lining
- Period: Mid Showa (1960s-70s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent condition. Faint lines on the front right side, not visible when worn.
- Code: 10238RD
- Size: Length 63” (160cm), width 48” (122cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25½” (65cm), sleeve height 23” (59cm)
For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).