Why We Love It
Peonies are known as the king of flowers, and a symbol of prosperity. In this elegant silk kimono they are framed within the form of golden plum blossoms, which brings to mind the colors of early spring, and the wealth of Japanese traditional art.
As with most kurotomesode kimono, you can find five kamon (crests) on this kimono. The whimsical butterfly motif is the crest of the Taira clan who trace their lineage back to the sons of Emperor Kanmu of the 9th century.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Kurotomesode
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with handpainted peony design
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-80s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent condition.
- Code: 10891BK
- Size: Length 60½” (154cm), width 56” (142cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 18½” (47cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).