Why We Love It
This elegant kimono is a rare find! Hand-embroidered in gold thread, this silk kimono captures the beauty of the peacock, itself an auspicious symbol in Japanese culture. Near-perfect condition.
Vintage Japanese kimono are handcrafted in 100% pure silk. They are traditionally tailor-made to order, often for a special occasion or event. Often they are never worn again, which means that we are able to offer these unique works of wearable art in near perfect condition at a fraction of the original price.
Every vintage kimono is one of a kind and represent the finest in Japanese craftsmanship and creativity.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with silk lining
- Condition: AAA - Near perfect condition
- Code: 10435BL
- Size: Length 62” (159cm), width 54½” (140cm), yuki(from spine to end of sleeve) 26½” (68cm),sleeve height 18½” (48cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).