Why We Love It
Pine-covered islands are dotted across the seascape on this exqusite handpainted silk kimono. On one island can be seen a wooden cabin, where you can imagine the view of the lemon-yellow sunrise this kimono represents.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with handpainted island design, and silk lining
- Period: Heisei (1990s-2000s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent condition. Small black mark on collar (see photos)
- Code: 10116YW
- Size: Length 59” (152cm), width 54½” (140cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25½” (65cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).