Why We Love It
The glossy rich green silk of this vintage women’s kimono is an ideal color for a joyous celebration like a wedding or a festival.
The magnificent floral bouquets are arranged in wooden wheeled carts, called hanaguruma. This are a popular motif dating back to the Heian era over a thousand years ago, and represent an aesthetic beloved by the nobles of that time.
This women’s houmongi kimono has never been worn, so you should remove the loose white thread from the collar.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand painted hanaguruma motif, and silk lining
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-80s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent.
- Code: 10434GR
- Size: Length 61” (155cm), width 55” (140cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 22” (57cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).