Why We Love It
Flickers of gold thread, and gold hand-painting crest the waves of this vivid tableau, bringing the breaking waters to life. Auspicious red cranes complete the exquisitely illustrated silk kimono, signed by the artist.
As with most kurotomesode kimono, you can find five kamon (crests) on this kimono, the kamon of the Naito clan, who originally came from the Boso peninsula, south-east of Tokyo.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Kurotomesode
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with crane and ocean design
- Period: Heisei (1980s-90s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent condition. Some light stains on the spine of the lining (see photos).
- Code: 10873BK
- Size: Length 62” (158cm), width 55” (140cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 18½” (47cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).