Why We Love It
Feathers of gold thread, and gold hand-painting fleck their wings, bringing the breaking these iconic and auspicious red cranes to life, as they skip across the waves.
As with most kurotomesode kimono, you can find five kamon (crests) on this kimono, the kamon of the Settsu branch of the Ikeda clan, who were lords of the western provinces around modern Tottori and Okayama for many centuries.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Free gift-wrapping in Japanese washi paper.
- Type: Kurotomesode
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with crane and wave design
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-80s)
- Condition: AA – Excellent condition. Small spot on crane wing (see photos).
- Code: 10133BK
- Size: Length 60” (152cm), width 53” (134cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 19” (48cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).