Why We Love It
Bamboo are a symbol of good luck, and while popular over the new year period, it is so fundamental to Japanese aesthetics that bamboo motifs can be worn all year round.
This handpainted silk kimono is an enchanting work of art, created in the sumi-e style using single brush strokes. This exquisite kimono is also signed by the artist.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted bamboo design, and silk lining
- Period: Mid Showa (1960s-70s)
- Condition: AAA – Never worn.
- Code: 10185BR
- Size: Length 62” (157cm), width 53½” (136cm), yuki (from spine to end of sleeve) 25” (64cm), sleeve height 18” (45cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.
Japan Objects Store is a licensed vintage kimono dealer (Licence No 30112 200 8692).