Why We Love It
The rich terracotta red of this vintage silk kimono immediately brings to mind the colors of the fall foliage. This provides the ideal stage for the iconic Japanese maple, whose leaves float across the kimono design. This means this kimono would be an ideal outfit for events during the late summer and throughout the fall.
The silk is woven with a subtle dot-like pattern, adding to the luxurious feel of the fabric
The design was hand-drawn onto the raw silk fabric using noshi paste – made from crushed rice – which was then dyed, leaving the pasted parts untouched. The details were then painted in by hand.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted maple leaf motif, and silk lining
- Period: Late Showa (1970s-1980s)
- Condition: AAA – Perfect condition
- Code: 10761BR
- Size: Length 61” (154cm), width 53” (137cm), sleeve height 19” (49cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.