Why We Love It
A very elegant yuzen traditional Japanese kimono in a warm grey, featuring a small country home surrounded by the auspicious trilogy of pines, bamboo and plum blossom.
The kamon (crest) on the nape represents the wings of a hawk, while the name on the front right panel - 精染居 – is that of the kimono house. This house was founded by the kimono artist Ueno Seiko, and later taken over by his son Ueno Tameji. Both men were designated Living National Treasures by the Japanese government for their artistry and contributions to the kimono industry.
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted pine tree motifs and silk lining
- Period: Showa (1950s-80s)
- Condition: AAA – Near perfect condition.
- Code: 10147GY
- Size: Length 61” (155cm), width 51” (130cm), sleeve height 18” (45cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.