Why We Love It
This luxurious blue silk vintage kimono features the auspicious Japanese red-crowned crane and susuki grass. Susuki is considered a fall plant – you will often find this grass featured in decorations during autumn moon viewings. For this reason this would be an ideal outfit for events during the late summer and throughout the fall.
The design was hand-drawn onto the raw silk fabric using noshi paste – made from crushed rice – which was then dyed, leaving the pasted parts untouched. The details were then painted in by hand.
The sleeves are a little taller than usual. Sleeve length in modern kimono is a matter of taste, and these longer sleeves are considered to be particularly kawaii!
- This handmade vintage silk kimono is one-of-a-kind
- Type: Houmongi
- Materials & Techniques: 100% silk with hand-painted Japanese crane motif, and silk lining
- Period: Mid-Showa (1960s-70s)
- Condition: AA – Near perfect condition. Please see close-up photos: very light stain on front bottom right, small stain on front bottom left, light stain inside the right collar
- Code: 10655BL
- Size: Length 55” (140cm), width 52” (132cm), sleeve height 20” (51cm)
- For advice on choosing the right fit, check the Size Guide below.
Japan Objects Quality
We have handpicked every one-of-a-kind traditional kimono in our vintage collection. We conduct rigorous quality inspection and only select genuine Japanese kimono that are of exceptional value and condition. We are proud of all our vintage silk kimono, which truly embody the rare treasure of wearable art.
Every vintage kimono has been professionally cleaned and is beautifully gift-wrapped in Japanese washi paper. We offer free shipping worldwide for all our vintage kimono.