Why We Love it
Balance your body with serenity and wellness with this one-of-a-kind Ojami Zabuton Cushion from Kyoto’s finest zabuton maker, Takaokaya, founded in 1919.
Inspired by the ancient Japanese beanbag toy, named ojami in Kyoto dialect, this ergonomic zabuton cushion is a treasure of centuries-old Japanese craftsmanship and tradition.
Employing expertise passed down through the generations, each Ojami Zabuton Cushion is handcrafted by master artisans to ensure every step contributes to impeccable comfort and firmness.
The handmade premium padding is carefully layered to offer the benefits of ergonomic seating with posture support and correction. No two cushions are ever alike thanks to the multi-step process of textile dyeing that creates subtle differences along the fabric grain.
This coal black zabuton features a field of white circular flower-like designs created by the shibori ‘tie dye’ process originating in the 6th century, where fabric is manipulated with folds and twists, and bound and knotted.
How to Use Your Ojami Zabuton Cushion
- Ergonomic cushion The elegant Ojami cushions complement any chair or sofa. Unlike normal cushions, they offer ergonomic benefits for your back, helping you stay relaxed longer and effectively support your posture.
- Floor seating Our Ojami cushion is perfect for sitting on the floor to raise the hips, and reduce pressure on the ankles and knees, preventing muscle and joint aches, and easing blood circulation.
- Neck Support When the Ojami is used as a neck pillow, it aligns the head, neck, and shoulders correctly while maintaining the natural curvature of the spine and allowing muscles and ligaments to relax.
- Meditation: The Ojami is specifically designed as an zafu meditiation cushion. Its distinctive thickness and firm rounded top provides comfort for your bottom against hard floors. It also helps properly align your spine so energy flows easily through your body.
- Yoga: Use these thickly padded Ojami cushion to protect your knees or elbows, or take all the stress out of lotus and cross-legged positions, helping to alleviate lower back strain.
- Cotton Zabuton Cushion
- Handmade in Japan
- 100% cotton exterior; padding 70% cotton, 30% polyester
- Product code: 50017BK
- Size: 16” x 16” x 6” (40cm x 40cm x 10cm)
- Free Shipping worldwide!
Very pleased with purchase. the cushion is beautiful and the craftsmanship is impeccable.